Happy Wednesday! Today we have some tips for those of you who live in a colder climate. When the temp starts to drop we need to be aware of how cold our technology is becoming! If you let your devices get too cold they can malfunction or worse yet – break!
- Don’t keep laptops in the car when it’s not running – if you must keep it in the car wrap it in a blanket or sweater. Or, you can invest in a laptop warmer (which do exist!)
- Bring your charger because cold air sucks battery life like nobody’s business!
- Turn it off! I know what you’re thinking ‘but isn’t it working and staying warmer if it’s on??’ short answer yes – long answer – if you are moving around and active you *could damage the computer’s data.
- Don’t turn your computer on the second you walk in the door – let it warm up a bit as to not encourage condensation
- Like laptops, phone batteries can drain easily in the winter so have a charger on hand
- Keep your phone warm by keeping it in your pocket, purse or backpack. You may even put it in a wool sock for added warmth!
- Fully charge your batteries
- Hover 30-60 sec before you fly
- Keep batteries warm! When on location, we keep our heat on in the car and throw the batteries up on the dashboard
Hope these tips were helpful! We love our winter weather up here in New England and we also love our technology! Stay safe and warm and keep your gear in check!
(some laptop tips taken from Popsugar)
1 thought on “Winter Tips for Tech Devices”
Say, you got a nice blog post.Thanks Again.